Friday, July 5, 2013

Springtime and 17

Posts have been so sparse as the at-home computor will not allow picture posting, and I havn't stayed after hours at work.  Such a lovely spring!  This morning as I was leaving the house, the sky was bright blue with fluffywhite clouds, the sun was shining brightly, and there was a sudden gentle downpour of rain.  It was magical.  Maybe I'm just in a romantic mood.  The flowers everywhere I go are so lovely.  I am working on my annulment, which feels really good.  Robin is apply to colleges for fall, and enjoying her drawing and artwork, as well as working on another shockingly difficult puzzle.  2000 pieces that all look alike, and to top it off she's doing it on top of the last two puzzles that are still on the desk upstairs, making it even more difficult - too busy a background.  I don't know how she does it!

Robin turned 17 on April 18th.  We celebrated by going to one of our favorite eating establishments = Red Robin. 

We also had a little party, it was so fun.  She did a little happy dance!:
The dress, robin necklace, and shoes were her birthday gift from me.  So cute!We decorated with homemade banners, played games, and served chicken salad croissants, chips, green beans, salad, cake, and mango punch.  It was so good!  She was gifted with some gift cards, so we got to do a little shopping.  She found this beautiful butterfly dress and owl necklace at Charming Charlie - a really girly fun place to shop - both for $20! 


There is a pre-school where I work, and one of the moms took some photos of Robin.  They are truly lovely. I'll share a few:


A few months ago Robin saw a really cute knitted crab hat in my Molly Makes magazine, and has been determined to knit it.  We finally found the right yarn and she knit the whole thing in less than 24 hours.  I sewed the eyes on it.  Isn't it just adorable silly sweet?  I'm so proud of her!  I haven't knit in so long since I've gotten back into counted cross stitch in a big way - to stay!  I'm working on a Little House Needleworks Christmas freebie chart, "Merry Hearts", which I love. 
  Here's the hat part:
and here's the final crab hat, on a not at all crab:

(Of course, it's pulled down for comic effect!)


1 comment: